Aluminum, magnesium, and simethicone antacid (By mouth)
Aluminum Hydroxide (a-LOO-mi-num hye-DROX-ide), Magnesium Hydroxide (mag-NEE-zee-um hye-DROX-ide), Simethicone (sye-METH-i-kone)
Treats upset stomach, heartburn, and gas.
Almacone, Almacone Double Strength, Aluminum-Magnesium Hydroxide-Simethicone, Antacid, Antacid Anti-Gas, Antacid Extra Strength, Antacid Liquid, Antacid w/Simethicone, Geri-Lanta, Good Neighbor Pharmacy Antacid, Good Neighbor Pharmacy MaSanti, Good Sense Advanced Antacid, Good Sense Antacid, Good Sense Antacid Plus Anti-Gas, Good Sense Antacid Plus Anti-Gas ReliefThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. Do not use it if you had an allergic reaction to simethicone, aluminum, or magnesium.
How to Use This Medicine:
Liquid, Tablet, Capsule, Chewable Tablet
- Follow the instructions on the medicine label if you are using this medicine without a prescription.
- Liquid: Shake well just before you measure a dose. Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medicine cup.
- Chewable tablet: Do not swallow whole. Chew thoroughly before you swallow.
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Do not freeze.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Talk with your doctor before you use this medicine if you are on a low-salt or low-magnesium diet.
- Antacids affect how your body absorbs other medicines. You might need to take this antacid at a different time than your other medicines. Ask your pharmacist if you have questions.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have kidney disease.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088Last Updated:
Thomson Micromedex. All rights reserved.