Muromonab (By injection)
Treats organ rejection in patients who have received kidney, heart, or liver transplant.
Brand Name(s):There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not receive this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to muromonab, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, if you have congestive heart failure, edema (swelling, rapid weight gain), high blood pressure that is not controlled, or if you have a history of seizures.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will prescribe your exact dose and tell you how often it should be given. This medicine is given through a needle placed in one of your veins.
- A doctor, nurse, or other trained health professional will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have had a recent heart attack or blood loss, or if you have a history of heart disease, stroke, blood clots, head injury, infection, chest pain (angina), or lung disease.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in face or hands, swelling or tingling in the mouth or throat, tightness in chest, trouble breathing
- Confusion, hallucinations, neck stiffness
- Extreme lightheadedness or fainting
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Fever, chills, or flu-like symptoms (headache, nausea/vomiting, body aches, weakness)
- Shortness of breath or trouble swallowing
- Vision problems
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Mild skin rash or itching
- Sensitivity to light
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088Last Updated:
Thomson Micromedex. All rights reserved.