Cytarabine, liposome (By injection)
Cytarabine Liposome (sye-TARE-a-been LYE-poh-some)
Treats lymphomatous meningitis.
DepocytThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. You should not receive it if you had an allergic reaction to cytarabine, if you are pregnant, or if you have a brain or spinal infection.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Medicines used to treat cancer are very strong and can have many side effects. Before receiving this medicine, make sure you understand all the risks and benefits. It is important for you to work closely with your doctor during your treatment.
- You will receive this medicine while you are in a hospital or cancer treatment center. A nurse or other trained health professional will give you this medicine. This medicine is given as a shot into the fluid around your spinal cord.
- After you receive the injection, you will need to lie flat for about 1 hour.
- You may also receive medicines to help prevent nausea and vomiting.
- Missed dose: This medicine needs to be given on a fixed schedule. If you miss a dose, call your doctor, home health caregiver, or treatment clinic for instructions.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- It is not safe to take this medicine during pregnancy. It could harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor right away if you become pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding.
- This medicine may cause the following problems:
- Brain or nervous system problems
- Your doctor will do lab tests at regular visits to check on the effects of this medicine. Keep all appointments.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Fever, headache, nausea, vomiting
- Muscle pain, weakness, or difficulty walking
- Numbness or tingling in the arms, hands, legs, or feet
- Vision changes
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Confusion, drowsiness
- Mild nausea or vomiting
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088Last Updated:
Thomson Micromedex. All rights reserved.