Cernilton is a pollen extract of rye grass, corn, timothy grass, pine, alder, and orchard grass. It is used in benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH), infections, prostatitis, cystitis, and to lower blood fats.
Other names for Cernilton include: CN-009, Cernitin T60, and Cernitin GBX.
Ask your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist if you need more information about this medicine or if any information in this leaflet concerns you.
Tell your doctor if you
Talk with your caregiver about how much Cernilton you should take. The amount depends on the strength of the medicine and the reason you are taking Cernilton. If you are using this medicine without instructions from your caregiver, follow the directions on the medicine bottle. Do not take more medicine or take it more often than the directions tell you to.
Keep all medicine locked up and away from children. Store medicine away from heat and direct light. Do not store your medicine in the bathroom, near the kitchen sink, or in other damp places. Heat or moisture may cause the medicine to break down and not work the way it should work. Throw away medicine that is out of date or that you do not need. Never share your medicine with others.
Stop taking your medicine right away and talk to your doctor if you have any of the following side effects. Your medicine may be causing these symptoms which may mean you are allergic to it.
This medicine may also cause other side effects. Tell your doctor if you have side effects that you think are caused by this medicine.
1. Wojcicki J, Kosminder K, Samochowiec L et al: Clinical evaluation of cernilton as a lipid-lowering agent. Herba Pol 1983; 30:213-216.
2. Seppanen T, Laakso I, Wojcicki J et al: An analytical study on fatty acids in pollen extract. Phytother Res 1989; 3:115-116.
3. Hayashi J, Mitsui H, Yamakawa G et al: clinical evaluation of Cernilton(R) on benign prostatic hypertrophy. Hinyokika Kiyo 1986; 32:135-144.
4. Dutkiewicz S: Usefulness of Cernilton(R) in the treatment of benign prostatic hypertrophy. Int Urol Nephrol 1996; 28:49-53.
5. Shah PJR: The treatment of disorders of the prostate with the rye-grass extract ProstaBrit. Complementary Therapies in Medicine 1996; 43:21-25.
6. Tekeuchi H, Yamauchi A, Ueda T et al: Quantitative evaluation on the effectiveness of Cernilton(R) on benign prostatic hypertrophy. Hinyokika Kiyo 1981; 27:317-326.