Regina Hospital is proud to announce that Regina Milk Depot is now open.
“This is a local place for interested donors to drop of their breast milk,” says Julie McGary, manager, Birth Center. “We’re excited to be able to provide this type of service in our community.”
As an alternative to a mother’s own breast milk, donor milk is used to not only help nourish premature babies but as option to formula for those babies who may be separated from their mothers for a short time.
“We understand that it can be difficult for mothers to travel far in order to donate unused milk,” says McGary. “We’re grateful to be able to provide a closer option.”
For those interested in becoming a milk donor, contact the Minnesota Milk Bank for Babies at 763-546-8051.
Already a milk donor with the milk bank but looking for a place to drop of milk, locally? Call Regina Milk Depot at Regina Hospital at 651-404-1200. Drop-off hours are from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday.
To set up an appointment with another area drop-off location, call them directly:
• North Memorial Medical Center, Robbinsdale, Minn., 763-581-8340
• Alexandria Clinic Alexandria, Minn., 320-763-5123
• Hudson Hospital & Clinic Birth Center, Hudson, Wisc., 715-531-6572
• Park Nicollet Methodist Hospital, St. Louis Park, Minn., 952-993-5124
• Isanti County Public Health, Cambridge, Minn., 847-262-5134
For more information, visit allinahealth.org/regina or call 651-404-1200.