Letter to the editor
By: Physicians and care providers in the Faribault community
The president of District One Hospital, Dave Albrecht, recently asked our community “what does having a local hospital mean to you?” We know many of you have been participating in this conversation lately. And, as your local care providers, we wanted to add our voices to this important community discussion by expressing our wholehearted support of District One Hospital.
District One Hospital is much more than a building or another local business. It is a community asset and source of pride and vitality in Faribault. We proudly refer our patients to District One Hospital because we believe the care here is exceptional. If we didn’t believe this we would send our patients elsewhere for care.
We, collectively, have been serving Faribault for decades. Many of us have dedicated our entire careers to Faribault, and we know that the viability of District One Hospital is critical to our community. It is an extension of our practice and vital to the care of our patients. In this challenging and complex health care environment, we are fortunate to have a hospital locally that provides the breadth and depth of support that District One Hospital does. Because of the range and quality of local services and specialists, we are able to care for most of our patients here at home, most of the time. That means better access to care and less stress on patients and families. And, for especially complex needs, our connection to Allina Health offers nation-leading specialty services.
The physicians and care providers who work on our health care campus could work anywhere, but we choose to work here because we know that our clinics, our hospital and our colleagues will help us to take the best possible care of every patient. Having District One Hospital in our community helps us attract and retain high-quality physicians and care providers. Committed to the Faribault community, District One Hospital has excellent resources, technology and capabilities. It’s also held to the same high standards of quality, safety and patient experience expected at all Allina Health hospitals.
Like you, we are very invested in the future of health care in Faribault. Most of us live here and have raised our families here. District One Hospital is an anchor institution in our community. In 2017 alone, District One Hospital cared for 1,435 inpatients, welcomed more than 300 babies, provided nearly 2,000 oncology/cancer visits, treated more than 14,000 patients in the Emergency Department and had more than 51,000 outpatient visits. We’re proud of this work.
We ask each of you to help us and our community to maintain a strong District One Hospital here in Faribault. We hope you agree that it’s important. Show your support by coming to District One Hospital for your hospital-based care needs and choosing primary care and specialty physicians and other health care providers who use District One Hospital as the place where they deliver care.
• Henry Busch, MD: Serving the community for 33 years
• David Beckmann, MD: Serving the community for 31 years
• Reed Johnson, MD: Serving the community for 31 years
• George Wagner, MD: Serving the community for 27 years
• Mary Cameron, MD: Serving the community for 23 years
• David McIntyre, MD: Serving the community for 22 years
• Amy Selly, CNP, AOCNP: Serving the community for 18 years
• Kris Drevlow, DO: Serving the community for 16 years
• Sigrid Nelson, MD: Serving the community for 14 years
• Todd Sykora, MD: Serving the community for 13 years
• Amy Elliott, MD: Serving the community for 12 years
• Jenny O’Malley, OD: Serving the community for 11 years
• Trent Steenblock, DPM: Serving the community for 9 years
• Stephanie Arendt, CNP: Serving the community for 8 years
• David Kuehl, LP, PsyD: Serving the community for 6 years
• Angela Timm, DO: Serving the community for 4 years
• Jennifer Brown, MD: Serving the community for 4 years
• Tawyna Ristau, MD: Serving the community for 2 years