The Penny George Institute for Health and Healing (PGIHH) now offers holistic services—sometimes called complementary or integrative therapies—at
Allina Health Woodbury Clinic.
Services—including integrative medicine consultations, Mindfulness Training, acupuncture and nutrition counseling—can help whether you want to ease chronic pain, lose weight, manage depression or anxiety, or just stay healthy.
"Our holistic practitioners work with primary and specialty providers to treat the whole person—mind, body and spirit," explained
Courtney Baechler, MD, vice president PGIHH. "Together, our practitioners and clinics providers create a plan rooted in sound medical evidence to help a patient be their healthiest."
Immediately, a wide range of PGIHH holistic services are available at the Woodbury clinic including:
- Integrative medicine consultations to address health issues by working with a doctor or nurse clinician using holistic and conventional medicine
- Acupuncture to promote health, treat illness and reduce pain
- Nutrition counseling to address health concerns and support weight management
- Mindfulness Training to manage stress through mindfulness practices such as meditation and yoga
- Resilience Training to enhance your natural resilience to reduce the severity or risk of anxiety or depression
Coming soon, weight management programs and health coaching to help make lifestyle changes will be offered at the Woodbury Clinic.
PGIHH community classes will also be offered at the Woodbury clinic.
- The first
Mindfulness Training class in Woodbury will be offered starting Feb. 3.
Resilience Training class will be offered in Woodbury for the first time, April 4 to May 23, on Monday evenings.
Allina Health Woodbury Clinic is located at 8675 Valley Creek Road, Woodbury. Call 651-241-3000 to make an appointment with a PGIHH or any other clinic provider.
Founded in 2003, the Penny George™ Institute for Health and Healing's mission is to combine leading medical practice with ancient healing wisdom to optimize health and wellness in the whole person—mind, body and spirit.