Rehabilitation programs and services at Allina Health
has a long history of caring for patients with limitations from injury or disease. Our compassionate care team, innovative therapies and multidisciplinary approach help patients achieve their personal best.
Related Allina Health services
Allina Health offers a wide range of rehabilitation services, many from the renowned Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute. Whether you're having trouble speaking after a stroke or you injured your back, our rehab programs can help you regain your skills and improve your quality of life.
We offer rehabilitation services for . . .
More rehabilitation programs and services
- The Amputee program at Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute offers specialized rehabilitative care for people with amputations. With help from therapists and other medical staff, patients learn to adapt to their condition and achieve a high quality of life.
- Kenny Grad School is a free lecture series for patients and their families coping with the after effects of a stroke. Each session includes a presentation by experts from Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute on topics related to recovery and daily life after a stroke. Classes take place from 2-3:30 p.m. on the third Tuesday of the month. The location alternates between Abbott Northwestern Hospital in Minneapolis and United Hospital in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- The Courage Kenny golf program is especially for people who have had polio, amputations, arthritis, stroke, spinal cord injuries or other physical disabilities. The program includes a golf league and annual tournament. Participants can try a variety of adapted equipment and receive individualized golf-swing instruction and lessons from pros. This program is available at Abbott Northwestern Hospital.
- The Courage Kenny International Art Show by Artists with Disabilities is one of the few juried art shows in the U.S. for artists with physical or mental impairment. Artwork is judged in six categories: graphics, watercolor, sculpture, photography, mixed media and oils and acrylics.
- Incontinence/pelvic pain treatment for both women and men is available from the physical therapists at Courage Kenny Sports & Physical Therapy Center. They provide treatment for urinary incontinence, fecal incontinence and pelvic pain.
- Technology advances in rehabilitation offer fresh hope to patients and helping to challenge the old models of rehabilitation.
- Specialists in therapeutic recreation use leisure activities and community outings to help improve a patient's health and well being.