To learn more or to register, call
An integrated approach for those experiencing depression, anxiety and other stress-related conditions
Resilience Training is an eight-week group program developed by Henry Emmons, MD, and based on his book, "The Chemistry of Joy." It is designed to help people enhance their natural resilience, making them less likely to develop problems with depression and other chronic diseases.
Desired outcomes for program participants include reduced severity of depression and anxiety symptoms, a decrease in future episodes and less reliance on prescription medications.
Resilience Training includes:
- a holistic psychiatric assessment and treatment recommendations. (Patients continue to work with their own physicians.)
- a program of targeted nutritional supplementation aimed at restoring balanced brain chemistry
- an individualized nutritional approach designed by our integrative nutritionist, including a follow-up visit
- a thorough fitness assessment and customized program developed by our exercise physiologist
- an eight-week group mindfulness training to help participants learn to calm their own minds and deal more skillfully with the difficult emotional states that often accompany anxiety and depression. These groups also aim to create a greater sense of self-acceptance and meaningful connection.
Resilience Training benefits:
- anyone who is at risk for developing depression, anxiety or other stress-related conditions who wants to improve their physical and mental resilience and sense of well-being
- anyone who has experienced depression, anxiety or other stress related mental health conditions and who has not fully recovered, or who wishes to prevent relapse
- patients taking antidepressants who want to rely less upon them in the future, wish to reduce unwanted side effects or need to improve their treatment’s effectiveness.
View a schedule of upcoming Resilience Training programs.
The fee for Resilience Training is $1,300, including a visit with a holistic psychiatrist, two individual visits with an integrative nutritionist and three fitness consultations with an exercise physiologist, along with the eight-week mindfulness group program.
Resilience Training is a self-pay program and not billable to insurance for the general public. Allina Health employees should consult their benefits for eligibility.
Resilience Training is offered on the:
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital campus, Minneapolis
- United Hospital campus, St. Paul
- Unity Hospital campus, Fridley