Allina Health hospitals earn Top Performer on Key Quality Measures recognition from The Joint Commission
Six Allina Health hospitals were recognized by The Joint Commission for exemplary performance in using evidence-based clinical processes that are shown to improve care for certain conditions.
They are among 1,099 hospitals in the U.S. earning the distinction of Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®. The list of Top Performer organizations represents 33 percent of all Joint Commission-accredited hospitals reporting accountability measure performance data for 2012.
"The Joint Commission distinction recognizes our commitment to quality improvement and evidence-based practices that directly contribute to better health outcomes for our patients," said Daniel McGinty, executive vice president of Hospitals and Specialty Services for Allina Health.
Each accountability measure represents an evidence-based practice, such as giving aspirin at arrival for heart attack patients or giving antibiotics one hour before surgery. The Allina Health hospitals were recognized for their achievement on the following measure sets:
- Cambridge Medical Center, Cambridge, Minn. – pneumonia, surgical care
- New Ulm Medical Center, New Ulm, Minn. – pneumonia, surgical care
- Owatonna Hospital, Owatonna, Minn. – pneumonia, surgical care
- River Falls Area Hospital, River Falls, Wis. – surgical care
- St. Francis Regional Medical Center, Shakopee, Minn. – pneumonia, surgical care
- Unity Hospital, Fridley, Minn. – heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, surgical care
About Allina Health
Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90+ clinics, 12 hospitals, 15 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Learn more at allinahealth.org.# # #