Medicine questions you should ask
Before leaving your doctor's office, pharmacy or hospital with any prescription, be sure to ask your doctor, nurse or pharmacist:
- What is the name of the medicine and what will it do?
- How often should I take it?
- How long should I take it?
- Should I call for prescription refills?
- When should I take it? As needed? Before, with, after or between meals? At bedtime?
- If I forget to take it, what should I do?
- What side effects might I expect? Should I report them to you?
- Is there any information about this medicine that I can take with me?
- If this medicine doesn't work, are there others that should be tried?
- Does this medicine interact with any of the other medicines, over-the-counter products, herbal or supplements that I am currently taking?