Help prevent childhood obesity
(HealthDay News) -- Almost 18 percent of children and adolescents in the United States are obese. That number has almost tripled since 1980.
Try these suggestions to help prevent the problem:
- Limit screen time for your child at home, school and child-care facilities.
- Check with the child-care center to make sure that healthy snacks and drinks are served, and that there's plenty of physical activity.
- Offer your child plenty of fruits and vegetables, and limit foods high in fat and sugar.
- Serve your child water instead of sugary drinks.
- Encourage your child to get physical activity every day.
Attribution: -- Diana Kohnle
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
First published: 10/04/2013
Last updated: 10/04/2013