Check for ticks
(HealthDay News) -- Ticks can spread Lyme disease and other germs that can make you sick, so it's important to take measures to help prevent tick bites.
Try this advice:
- Within two hours of coming inside, take a bath or shower.
- Use a hand mirror to thoroughly check yourself from head to toe.
- Carefully check children for ticks, looking in the ears, hair, underarms, in the belly button, between the legs, behind the knees and around the waist.
- Check any clothing and gear, as well as pets.
- Put clothing in the dryer on the hot setting for an hour to kill ticks that may have lingered.
Attribution: -- Diana Kohnle
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
First published: 07/08/2013
Last updated: 07/08/2013