If you aren't hungry, don't eat
(HealthDay News) -- People often eat, not out of hunger, but because they're bored and seem to have nothing better to do.
Follow these suggestions to avoid eating for reasons other than hunger:
- Make sure you eat three meals per day. You may wind up eating more at mealtime if you skipped an earlier meal.
- If you binge eat a specific food (such as ice cream, candy or chips) don't keep that food at home.
- Create a list of things to do in lieu of eating.
- Exercise for 15 minutes instead of eating, or call a friend to chat.
- Instead of eating, clean the home or work in your garden.
Attribution: -- Diana Kohnle
The American Heart Association
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
First published: 06/04/2014
Last updated: 06/04/2014