Why am I overweight?
(HealthDay News) -- Eating too much is an obvious factor for being overweight, but it's not the only one.
Here are some additional factors that contribute to being overweight:
- Consuming more calories than you burn.
- Having an environment rich in unhealthy food choices, conveniences that contribute to a sedentary lifestyle and lack of access to safe exercise.
- Having certain genetic patterns and family eating habits.
- Taking certain medications, such as steroids.
- Being an emotional eater and turning to food when you feel stressed, sad, angry or bored.
Attribution: -- Diana Kohnle
Weight-control Information Network
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
First published: 04/28/2014
Last updated: 04/28/2014