(HealthDay News) -- Considering skipping breakfast? Don't!
Here's why the first meal of the day is so important:
- Eating a healthy breakfast can boost a child's performance in school, and help improve behavior.
- A balanced breakfast can help promote a healthy body weight.
- Skipping breakfast can leave the brain and body lagging throughout the day.
- A healthy breakfast is particularly important for the health and well-being of children and teens.
- Research shows people who eat breakfast weigh less than those who do not.
Attribution: -- Diana Kohnle
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
First published: 01/20/2014
Last updated: 01/20/2014