Opt for healthier fast food
(HealthDay News) -- To make healthier food choices at a fast-food restaurant try choosing these selections:
- Instead of a fried chicken sandwich, opt for a chicken fajita.
- Instead of a super-sized burger with high-fat toppings, opt for a lean burger.
- In lieu of fries, select a baked potato.
- Instead of ice cream, choose nonfat frozen yogurt topped with fruit.
- Order a salad and choose low-fat dressing.
- Ask for water, skipping a milkshake or soda.
Attribution: -- Diana Kohnle
The American Academy of Pediatrics
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
First published: 09/20/2013
Last updated: 09/20/2013