Prepare for hiking
(HealthDay News) -- Even hiking to enjoy nature has its rules and safety precautions.
- Make sure you're in good physical shape before tackling a challenging trail.
- Tell a friend or family member where you're going and when, so you can be reached in case of emergency.
- Hike with at least one buddy.
- Learn to identify and avoid common poisonous plants.
- Learn the safety and behavior rules that apply to the area where you'll hike.
Attribution: -- Diana Kohnle
The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
First published: 08/16/2013
Last updated: 08/16/2013