Easing restless legs syndrome
(HealthDay News) -- There are things you can do to ease symptoms of restless leg syndrome -- characterized by the overwhelming desire to move the legs. A person with RLS also typically has sensations of tugging, throbbing, pulling or creeping of the legs.
These remedies may help ease symptoms:
- Limit use of caffeine, alcohol and tobacco.
- Take iron, magnesium and folate supplements.
- Maintain a regular sleep schedule.
- Get regular, moderate exercise.
- Gently massage the legs.
- Heat the legs in a bath or with a heating pad.
- Apply an ice pack to the legs.
Attribution: -- Diana Kohnle
U.S. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
First published: 07/09/2013
Last updated: 07/09/2013