Common food safety mistakes
(HealthDay News) -- Making sure food is safe isn't just good practice, it can keep you from getting sick.
Remember these suggestions:
- Don't taste milk to see if it's gone bad.
- Don't put cooked meat back on the same plate that held the meat when raw.
- Don't wash meat, poultry or eggs.
- Don't eat food that contains raw egg, including raw cookie dough.
- Don't put marinade that was used on raw meat on cooked food.
- Don't undercook meat, poultry or eggs.
- Don't skip washing your hands thoroughly.
Attribution: -- Diana Kohnle
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
First published: 07/01/2013
Last updated: 07/01/2013