If you use a food vending machine
(HealthDay News) -- When a craving hits and you absolutely need a snack, you may turn to a vending machine to quiet your growling belly.
Try these healthier vending machine options:
- pretzels, trail mix, almonds or peanuts
- low-fat or fat-free popcorn
- cheese- or peanut butter-filled whole wheat crackers
- cereal bars or granola made with whole grains
- dried cranberries, apricots or raisins
- animal crackers or graham crackers
- 100 percent vegetable juice or 100 percent fruit juice.
Attribution: -- Diana Kohnle
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
First published: 06/10/2013
Last updated: 06/10/2013