Make microwave cooking safe
(HealthDay News) -- Microwaving takes much of the time and effort out of cooking, but we still need to heed these food-safety guidelines:
- Always follow the package instructions to avoid undercooking.
- Check to see if the food needs to be completely cooked or just reheated.
- Follow instructions about stirring, covering and standing time.
- Check the package for advice on whether to use a conventional oven or a microwave.
- Know the wattage of your microwave to make sure you are cooking food thoroughly.
- Use a food thermometer.
Attribution: -- Diana Kohnle
First published: 05/01/2013
Last updated: 05/01/2013