If you've got knee arthritis
(HealthDay News) -- Arthritis in one or both knees can make it painful and difficult to bend, run or walk.
Try these suggestions to help ease knee arthritis pain and discomfort:
- Lose any excess weight to ease strain and stress on the knees.
- Get plenty of regular exercise.
- Undergo physical therapy.
- Switch from high-impact exercise such as running to low-impact exercise such as walking or swimming.
- Use a supportive device, such as energy-absorbing shoes, a brace or a cane.
Attribution: -- Diana Kohnle
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
First published: 12/07/2012
Last updated: 12/07/2012