Are you overtraining?
(HealthDay News) -- When it comes to exercise, as with any other activity, it's possible to overdo it.
If you feel more exhausted than energized after a workout, you may be overtraining. Here are some additional potential warning signs:
- seeing a decrease in performance
- experiencing a loss of coordination
- having headaches, stomach aches or other gastrointestinal problems
- having frequent infections and more frequent muscle or bone injuries
- having an elevated resting blood pressure and heart rate
- having tenderness or soreness in the muscles
- losing appetite or having trouble sleeping.
Attribution: -- Diana Kohnle
American Council on Exercise
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
First published: 08/16/2012
Last updated: 08/16/2012