Epic Beaker Laboratory Information System (LIS)
Allina Health Laboratoryhas implemented the Epic Beaker Laboratory Information System (LIS). The implementation began on July 14, 2012, and was completed on October 30, 2014.
Find out more…
About Allina Health Laboratory
We are an integrated, multi-site laboratory service that provides local delivery of more than five million laboratory services throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin at our Allina Health clinics and hospitals. In March 2012, our new 75,000 square foot Central Laboratory became fully operational, providing a full menu of essential and specialized laboratory services for Allina Health facilities and our outreach customers.
As a local, accessible resource for laboratory-related patient care needs, our customers benefit from our dedicated, trained staff of more than 700 laboratory professionals and 37 pathologists, who are with Hospital Pathology Associates, P.A., the largest pathology group in the metro area. This integrated team provides high-quality diagnostic services, and rapid and consistent turnaround times.
To support our customer's diagnostic needs we offer routine as well as esoteric testing:
- Andrology testing
- Allergy testing: ImmunoCAP® in-house testing for 60 allergens
- Special Coagulation: comprehensive testing for a wide variety of abnormal bleeding and clotting disorders, such as factor deficiencies, congenital or acquired diseases, and drug specific testing
- Cytogenetics testing: congenital disorders, prenatal diagnosis, hematologic malignancies and solid tumors, using the latest Fluorescent In Situ Hybridization (FISH), Multicolor Fluorescent In
- Situ Hybridization (M-FISH) and aCGH (Microarray) technology
- Molecular Pathology: quality molecular biological analyses, employing polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and Southern Blot technology
- Flow Cytometry: high quality immunophenotyping and DNA analysis
- Anatomic Pathology: microwave technology allows same day processing for critical cases, including breast needle biopsies with 24 hr. TAT for routine cases
- Cytopathology: offering 100 percent ThinPrep liquid-based pap test preparations with imaging guidance
In addition, our laboratory services include:
- Rapid turnaround times for routine and STAT testing
- STAT testing: available within one hour of receipt at AHL
- Reporting: timely report results faxed directly to your office
- Critical values: called to you as soon as testing is completed to allow you to respond immediately to your patients’ needs
- Courier services: two routine daily pickups available
- Competitive fees: accurate and convenient billing options for both client and payor billing
Support and consultation
Our continuity of care encompasses patients throughout Allina Health, from clinics to outpatient services, to hospital and home care visits.
All providers using Excellian in an Allina Health facility have access to the lab data base, but not all providers have remote access.
We also use standard methodologies and reference ranges at all service locations.
We sponsor quarterly continuing education presentations in the Twin Cities area. For those unable to attend, we record each presentation and make DVDs available for viewing. See our current offerings.
Mayo Medical Laboratories Primary Referral Lab
Allina Health Laboratory has entered into agreement with Mayo Medical Laboratories in Rochester, Minn. to provide referral testing services for the entire Allina Health family and all clients that use our Medical Reference Lab services.
Back to Allina Health Laboratory