Recipe: Pyramid tortilla wraps
This light lunch or snack helps fulfill the daily nutrition requirements outlined in the food guide pyramid -- without a lot of hassle.
For each serving you need...
- 1 8-inch whole wheat flour tortilla (You could also try a slice of bread or an English muffin.*)
- 2 ounces thinly sliced turkey breast (To lower the amount of sodium, you can use freshly cooked turkey breast instead of the luncheon meat.*)
- 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon low fat mayonnaise (You could also try cream cheese or margarine.*)
* Option not included in nutrition facts.
- Spread each tortilla with mayonnaise.
- Layer on the meat, cheese, lettuce and raisins.
- Roll up and enjoy.
Third trimester: Exercise and nutrition
Food guide pyramid: MyPyramid plan
More healthy recipes
Month 9: The big day is near
Source: Barbara Farner, extension educator, Matteson Extension Center, University of Illinois Extension; Healthy Snacks, Thrifty Living Newsletter
First published: 08/04/2003
Last updated: 01/13/2010
Reviewed by: Allina Health's Patient Education Department