Recipe: One-stop strawberry shortcake
These single servings will satisfy your cravings for a sweet treat, but won't tempt you to overindulge with lots of leftovers.
6 cups strawberries, with cores and tops cut off
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
4 reduced fat, refrigerated biscuits, baked
2 cups lite whipped topping
- In a food processor or blender, puree 1 cup strawberries, sugar, lemon juice and lemon rind.
- Thinly slice the remaining strawberries and toss with the puree.
- Split the biscuits in half on 4 dessert plates and spoon the spoon the strawberry mixture over the bottom half of the biscuits.
- Spoon whipped topping over and replace biscuit tops.
- Finish by spooning on remaining whipped topping and strawberry mixture.
Your nutrition needs during pregnancy
Month 1: Starting off on the right foot
Allina Pregnancy Care
Source: Allina.com recipes;
PastryWiz Food Resource Center
First published: 05/09/2000
Last updated: 04/19/2012
Reviewed by: Allina Health's Patient Education Department