Total Knee Replacement: Manual by Allina Patient Education
Much of the information in Allina.com's Total Knee Replacement center comes from an Allina Patient Education manual of the same title. The comprehensive, award-winning manual describes…
- planning for surgery (discharge planning, insurance coverage, medicine, health care directive)
- preparing for surgery (strengthening knee program, preparing your home, breathing exercises, what to bring to the hospital, what to the day of surgery)
- surgery (visitors, anesthesia)
- after surgery (how to manage pain, care equipment needed, care plan, preventing complications)
- care after surgery (home exercise program, follow-up appointment)
There is a chapter of resources for discharge equipment, community resources and a glossary.
If you would like a copy of Total Knee Replacement, call Allina Patient Education at 612-262-4991. The book costs $5 for one copy.
Allina Patient Education
Total Knee Replacement