Total Knee Replacement: Manual by Allina Health's Patient Education Department
Much of the information in Allinahealth.org's Total Knee Replacement center comes from Allina Health's Patient Education manual of the same title. The comprehensive, award-winning manual describes…
- planning for surgery (discharge planning, insurance coverage, medicine, health care directive)
- preparing for surgery (strengthening knee program, preparing your home, breathing exercises, what to bring to the hospital, what to the day of surgery)
- surgery (visitors, anesthesia)
- after surgery (how to manage pain, care equipment needed, care plan, preventing complications)
- care after surgery (home exercise program, follow-up appointment)
There is a chapter of resources for discharge equipment, community resources and a glossary.
If you would like a copy of Total Knee Replacement, call Allina Health's Patient Education Department at 612-262-6069. The book costs $5 for one copy.
Allina Health's Patient Education Department
Total Knee Replacement