Heart Transplant Online Manual
Skip section navigation
Heart transplant surgeons
This surgery is being performed at Abbott Northwestern Hospital in Minneapolis by:
Cardiologists who work with heart transplant patients include:
- Mosi Bennett, MD, PhD
- Barry Cabuay, MD, FACC
- David Feldman, MD, PhD, FACC, FAHA
- Kasia Hryniewicz, MD
- Michael Samara, MD
- Peter Zimbwa, MD, PhD, MSC, MRCP, DTM&H
Clinic visits start between three to four months after your transplant.
- When you come to the clinic, please bring:
- Arrive at 7:30 a.m.
- Wear your mask when you come to the hospital and clinic.
- Register on the second floor of the Heart Hospital.
- After registration, your blood will be drawn. Wait to take your medicines after the labs are drawn.
- Go to the transplant clinic. Take your medicines right away, unless you receive other instructions.
- Any scheduled tests, such as an echo or EKG, will be done at this time.
- The clinic assistants will check your weight, temperature, blood pressure, and review your medicines.
- You will have an exam.
- Your transplant doctor and coordinator will answer your questions and concerns.
- You may have changes in your medicines and your care plan at this time.
- You will be called the next day with:
—the results of any tests or lab results
—any changes to your medicines, if needed.
Source: Allina Health's Patient Education Department, Care After Heart Transplant, cvs-ahc-95405 (4/13)
First published: 01/06/2013
Last updated: 01/06/2013
Reviewed by: Allina Health's Patient Education Department