Heart Transplant Online Manual
Skip section navigation
Heart transplant surgeons
This surgery is being performed at Abbott Northwestern Hospital in Minneapolis by:
Cardiologists who work with heart transplant patients include:
- Mosi Bennett, MD, PhD
- Barry Cabuay, MD, FACC
- David Feldman, MD, PhD, FACC, FAHA
- Kasia Hryniewicz, MD
- Michael Samara, MD
- Peter Zimbwa, MD, PhD, MSC, MRCP, DTM&H
Returning to your regular doctor
It is important to keep in contact with your regular doctor or health care provider between transplant clinic visits.
Please see your regular doctor to check the following:
- listen to your lungs and heart
- check your blood pressure, temperature, pulse
- review your medicines
- have lab work. (Give your regular clinic's lab the mailers you received at the transplant clinic. Your immunosuppressive medicine levels to be sent to Abbott Northwestern Hospital in the mailers.)
Be sure to tell the transplant staff if you change doctors or clinics, or if your doctor's address or phone number changes.
When you see your doctor on a regular basis, he or she can more easily find issues with your health. He or she can give you annual screenings and be a good resource for health care issues other than with your heart.
Source: Allina Health's Patient Education Department, Care After Heart Transplant, cvs-ahc-95405 (4/13)
First published: 01/06/2013
Last updated: 01/06/2013
Reviewed by: Allina Health's Patient Education Department