Manage your child's health with MyChart.
Your baby has many reflexes, or movements, she makes without realizing it.
- Moro (startle) reflex: when your baby is startled, she will fling her arms and legs to the sides and arch her back
- rooting reflex: baby turns her head toward the cheek that is stroked
- Babinski toe reflex: baby fans her toes when the heel is stroked toward the ball of the foot
- plantar toe reflex: baby curls toes when the ball of the foot is pressed
- grasp reflex: baby will grasp your finger when the palm of the hand is stroked
- tonic neck reflex: when your baby’s head is turned to one side, the arm on that side stretches out while the opposite arm bends up at the elbow
- walking reflex: baby will mimic walking when held under her arms.