Manage your child's health with MyChart.
Help your child grow and develop through playing. There are many things you and your child can do together.
Give your baby on the move:
- plastic cups and safe things to put in and take out of the cups (Make sure he cannot swallow the cups and objects.)
- boxes for stacking, pushing and climbing (Make sure he doesn't get too high off the ground.)
- soft balls or stuffed animals to throw
- soft dolls
- pots, pans, plastic bowls and wooden spoons
- plastic bowls and lids to take off, put on and stack
- squeaky toys
You may want to designate the bottom kitchen cupboard or drawer for pots, pans, wooden spoons and plastic containers. Let your baby go to the drawer whenever he wants and explore.
Play games, such as "pat-a-cake," "peek-a-boo" and "so big." Hold your baby up to a mirror and play these games so he can see what you are doing.
Play music and "dance" with your baby. Sing to him. Clap with your baby. Name objects as you play with them. Read to your baby and show him lots of picture books.