Manage your child's health with MyChart.
It's a simple fact: children fall. But there are a few precautions you can take to help prevent falls in your home.
- Keep your stairways free of clutter.
- Make sure your child cannot open any window. If you do raise your windows, make sure they do not go any farther than 12 inches. Always keep screens in place.
- If you have hardwood floors, use nonskid rugs and floor mats. If your baby is learning to walk, put nonskid socks on her feet.
- Put gates or other secure mesh around open railings.
- Put gates at the top and bottom of all stairways, including deck stairs.
- Never let your baby use a walker. It poses safety hazards.
- Do not let your child climb on chairs, tables, furniture, bookcases or cupboards.