Technetium tc 99m tilmanocept (Injection)
Technetium Tc 99m Tilmanocept (tek-NEE-shee-um Tc 99m til-MAN-oh-sept)
Used to help view lymph nodes and other body structures as a part of a medical procedure.
LymphoseekThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. You should not receive this medicine if you had an allergic reaction to technetium or tilmanocept.
How to Use This Medicine:
- A doctor or other trained health professional will give you this medicine. This medicine may given in different ways, such as a shot just under your skin, directly into your skin, or around a tumor.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant. This medicine should be given within 10 days after the start of your monthly period, or you should have a negative pregnancy test within 48 hours before you receive this medicine.
- Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding. Do not breastfeed for at least 60 hours after you receive this medicine. The milk must be pumped and thrown away.
- Tell your doctor if you have an allergy to dextran or other forms of dextran (such as iron dextran).
- You will be exposed to radiation when you are given this medicine. This could increase the risk of cancer, especially for children. Talk with your doctor if you have concerns about this.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Pain, itching, burning, swelling, or a lump under your skin where the shot is given
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 11/4/2014
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
Copyright © 1984- Truven Health Analytics. All rights reserved.