Treats high blood pressure. This medicine is a calcium channel blocker.
CleviprexThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. Do not receive it if you had an allergic reaction to clevidipine, soybeans, soy products, eggs, or egg products. Do not receive this medicine if you have aortic stenosis or lipid metabolism problems (high fat in the blood, such as hyperlipemia, lipoid nephrosis, or pancreatitis with high blood fat).
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will prescribe your dose and schedule. This medicine is given through a needle placed in a vein.
- A nurse or other health provider will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have heart failure or low blood pressure.
- Your doctor will only give you a few doses of this medicine until your condition improves. Then you will be switched to another medicine that works the same way. Talk to your doctor if you have any concerns about this.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Decrease in how much or how often you urinate
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Lightheadedness, dizziness, or fainting
- Rapid weight gain, trouble breathing, or swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet
- Shortness of breath, cold sweats, seizures, and bluish skin
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Nausea or vomiting
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 11/4/2014
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
Copyright © 1984- Truven Health Analytics. All rights reserved.