Used for a nuclear heart stress test.
LexiscanThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not receive this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to regadenoson, or if you have certain heart rhythm problems and do not have a working pacemaker. Tell your doctor if you have heart block or a sinus node disorder.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will prescribe your dose and schedule. This medicine is given through a needle placed in a vein.
- A nurse or other health provider will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are using dipyridamole (Persantine®). You may need to stop using dipyridamole for at least 2 days before this test is done.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are using theophylline (Theo-24®). You may need to stop using theophylline for at least 12 hours before this test is done.
- Do not eat or drink anything that has caffeine for at least 12 hours before you receive this medicine. This includes medicines, foods, and drinks with caffeine, such as coffee, tea, and cola drinks.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have asthma or COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). Make sure your doctor knows about any heart disease you have, including high or low blood pressure.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Chest pain or discomfort
- Fast, slow, or uneven heartbeat
- Lightheadedness or dizziness
- Trouble breathing
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Nausea or upset stomach
- Warmth or redness in your face, neck, arms, or upper chest
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088Last Updated:
Copyright © 1984-
Thomson Micromedex. All rights reserved.