Treats low sodium levels.
VaprisolThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. Do not receive it if you had an allergic reaction to conivaptan, or if you have a corn allergy.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will prescribe your dose and schedule. This medicine is given through a needle placed in a vein.
- A nurse or other health provider will give you this medicine.
- This medicine is not for long-term use.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Do not receive conivaptan if you are taking antibiotics, such as ketoconazole, itraconazole, clarithromycin, ritonavir, or indinavir.
- Some medicines can affect how conivaptan works. Tell your doctor if you are taking digoxin, midazolam, or simvastatin.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have liver disease, kidney disease, or heart disease.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Dry mouth, increased thirst, muscle cramps, nausea, or vomiting
- Headache, lightheadedness, dizziness, or fainting
- Severe weakness, or tingling or numbness in your hands, feet, or lips
- Swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Change in how much or how often you urinate
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Pain, itching, burning, swelling, or a lump under your skin where the shot is given
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088Last Updated:
Copyright © 1984-
Thomson Micromedex. All rights reserved.