Cineraria maritima/conium maculatum/phosphorus (Into the eye)
Cineraria maritima (sin-a-RAR-ee-a mar-i-TEE-ma), Conium maculatum (KO-nee-um mak-yoo-LAY-tum), Phosphorus (FOS-for-us)
Treats the symptoms of cataracts, such as blurred vision, tired eyes, watery eyes, light sensitivity, and seeing stars, colors, or halos.
Cataract CareThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to Cineraria maritima or Conium maculatum.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Take your medicine as directed.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after using this medicine.
- Lie down or tilt your head back. With your index finger, pull down the lower lid of your eye to form a pocket.
- To use the eye drops: Hold the dropper close to your eye with the other hand. Drop the correct number of drops into the pocket made between your lower lid and eyeball. Gently close your eyes. Place your index finger over the inner corner of your eye for 1 minute. Do not rinse or wipe the dropper or allow it to touch anything, including your eye. Put the cap on the bottle right away. Keep the bottle upright when you are not using it.
- Replace the cap on the medicine bottle after each use.
- Use the medicine 4 or 5 times each day unless your doctor tells you otherwise.
- Do not use this medicine if it has changed color or if it looks cloudy.
If a dose is missed:
- Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of the used medicine container and any leftover medicine after you have finished your treatment. You will also need to throw away old medicine after the expiration date has passed.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- When you first start using this medicine, your symptoms may seem to get worse. It may take some time for you to begin to notice improvement.
- Before using this medicine, tell your doctor if you wear contact lenses.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Eye pain.
- Vision changes.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088Last Updated:
Copyright © 1984-
Thomson Micromedex. All rights reserved.