Hydrogel, aloe vera base (Into the mouth)
Hydrogel, Aloe Vera Base (HYE-droe-jel, AL-oh VER-a base)
Treats mouth irritations caused by braces or dentures.
Brand Name(s):There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to hydrogel.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Take your medicine as directed.
- Wash your hands before you apply this medicine.
- Open the package that contains the medicine pad. Remove the pad and cut it into strips.
- Place a strip on each affected area in your mouth. Hold the strip in place until it sticks completely to the affected area. The strip will become a protective film over the irritated area in your mouth.
- Each medicine pad is for one use only. Throw away the opened package and any unused medicine strips. Keep each new pad inside its package until you are ready to use it.
- The medicine pad is safe if you accidentally swallow it.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088Last Updated:
Copyright © 1984-
Thomson Micromedex. All rights reserved.