Sodium chloride (Injection)
Sodium Chloride (SOE-dee-um KLOR-ide)
Replenishes lost water and salt in your body. Also used to dilute medicines injected into your veins.
BD PosiFlush SF, Kendall Sodium Chloride Flush Syringe, Monoject Prefill Advanced, Monoject Prefill Sodium Chloride, Monoject Sodium Chloride Flush Syringe, Sodium Chloride Freeflex, Syrex, Vasceze Sodium ChlorideThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:There are no known reasons you should not be given this medicine when you need it.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will prescribe your exact dose and tell you how often it should be given. This medicine is given through a needle placed in one of your veins.
- A nurse or other health provider will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using a steroid medicine, such as cortisone, dexamethasone, prednisolone, prednisone, or if you are also using corticotropin, Acthar®, or ACTH®.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding, or if you have serious heart problems or severe kidney problems. Make sure your doctor knows if you have swelling or fluid retention.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Chest pain, irregular heartbeat, shortness of breath, or coughing up blood.
- Fever, or feeling hot.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Confusion, weakness, or numbness or tingling in your hands, feet, or lips.
- Redness, pain, itching, or swelling in the area where the needle is placed.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 11/4/2014
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
Copyright © 1984- Truven Health Analytics. All rights reserved.