Treats high blood pressure. This medicine is a vasodilator.
CorlopamThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not receive this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to fenoldopam.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will prescribe your dose and schedule. This medicine is given through a needle placed in a vein.
- A nurse or other health provider will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you use any blood pressure medicines such as atenolol, hydrochlorothiazide, lisinopril, or metoprolol. Some more names of blood pressure medicines are quinapril, Accupril®, Cozaar®, or Diovan®, or Zestril®.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have asthma or glaucoma.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Decrease in how much or how often you urinate.
- Dry mouth, increased thirst, muscle cramps, nausea, or vomiting.
- Fever, chills.
- Light-headedness or fainting.
- Severe chest pain.
- Shortness of breath, cold sweat, or bluish-colored skin.
- Slow, fast, or pounding heartbeat.
- Swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet.
- Unusual bleeding, bruising, or weakness.
- Warmth or redness in your face, neck, arms, or upper chest.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Anxiety or increased sweating.
- Burning or pain with passing urine.
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or constipation.
- Pain in your back.
- Redness, pain, swelling, or a lump under your skin where the needle is placed.
- Stuffy nose.
- Trouble breathing or if breathing is short and quick.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088Last Updated:
Copyright © 1984-
Thomson Micromedex. All rights reserved.