Prevents organ rejection after a kidney transplant.
SimulectThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not receive this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to basiliximab.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will prescribe your dose and schedule. This medicine is given through a needle placed in a vein.
- A nurse or other trained health professional will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- This medicine may make you bleed, bruise, or get infections more easily. Take precautions to prevent illness and injury. Avoid people who are ill, and wash your hands often. Brush and floss your teeth gently, do not play rough sports, and be careful with sharp objects.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Bloody urine or bloody stools.
- Change in how much or how often you urinate.
- Chest pain, fast or uneven heart beat.
- Confusion or numbness and tingling in your hands, feet, or lips.
- Diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, or stomach pain.
- Dry mouth, increased thirst, or muscle cramps.
- Fever, chills, cough, sore throat, or body aches.
- Joint pains.
- Pain or burning when passing urine.
- Pale skin or pale lip color.
- Sores or white patches on your lips, mouth, or throat.
- Swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet.
- Unusual bleeding, bruising, or weakness.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Dizziness, headache, or tremors.
- For men: Problems with sex.
- Muscle twitching, weakness, or pain.
- Rapid weight gain.
- Red eyes or blurred vision.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088Last Updated:
Copyright © 1984-
Thomson Micromedex. All rights reserved.