Typhoid vi polysaccharide vaccine (Injection)
Typhoid Vi Polysaccharide Vaccine (TYE-foid Vi pol-ee-SAK-a-ride VAX-een)
Prevents typhoid fever. This is a vaccine.
Typhim Vi, Typhoid Vi PolysaccharideThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not receive this vaccine if you have had an allergic reaction to typhoid Vi polysaccharide vaccine. This medicine should not be given to children under the age of 2 years old.
How to Use This Medicine:
- A nurse or other health provider will give you this medicine. This medicine is given as a shot into one of your muscles or as a shot under your skin.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Talk to your doctor before getting other immunizations while you are receiving this vaccine.
- There are many other drugs that can interact with this vaccine. Make sure your doctor knows about all other medicines you are using.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Make sure your doctor knowsif you have fever, or any other disease or illness.
- Your child's doctor will decide if there is any reason your child should not receive this medicine.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- High fever.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Headache or body aches.
- Mild stomach pain or nausea.
- Pain in your joints.
- Pain, itching, burning, swelling, or a lump under your skin where the shot is given.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 11/4/2014
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
Copyright © 1984- Truven Health Analytics. All rights reserved.