Used to treat irregular heartbeats, also known as arrhythmias.
Corvert, Novaplus CorvertThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not use this medicine if you have an allergy to ibutilide.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will prescribe your dose and schedule. This medicine is given through a needle placed in a vein.
- A nurse or other health provider will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you use other medicines for heart problems. Some heart medicines are amiodarone, digoxin, disopyramide, quinidine, Cordarone®, Lanoxin®, Norpace®, or Quinaglute®.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you use any medicine for depression such as amitriptyline, desipramine, fluoxetine, imipramine, Norpramin®, or Prozac®.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have liver disease.
- Tell your doctor if you have congestive heart failure or abnormal heart rhythms.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Change in how much or how often you pass urine.
- Fast, slow, or uneven heartbeats.
- Severe headache, light-headedness, or fainting.
- Shortness of breath, cold sweat, or bluish-colored skin.
- Swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 11/4/2014
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
Copyright © 1984- Truven Health Analytics. All rights reserved.