Flavocoxid (By mouth)
Used as diet supplement in people with osteoarthritis. This is a medical food product.
LimbrelThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not receive this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to flavocoxid.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Take your medicine as directed.
- It is best to take this medicine on an empty stomach. Take this medicine at least 1 hour after or 1 hour before you eat food.
If a dose is missed:
- Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are using pain or arthritis medicine such as aspirin, diclofenac, etodolac, ibuprofen, indomethacin, Advil®, Aleve®, Daypro®, Dolobid®, or Feldene®.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have a stomach ulcer.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Bloody vomit.
- Bloody or black tarry stools.
- Severe pain in your stomach.
- Swelling or pain in your knee.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Dilated visible veins on your legs.
- Mild skin rash, scaling or itching of your skin.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088Last Updated:
Copyright © 1984-
Thomson Micromedex. All rights reserved.