Relaxes muscles during surgery or other medical procedures.
ZemuronThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not receive this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to rocuronium.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will prescribe your dose and schedule. This medicine is given through a needle placed in a vein.
- A nurse or other health provider will give you this medicine.
- You will receive this medicine while you are in a hospital or emergency room.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if are also using procainamide (Procanabid®, Pronestyl®), quinidine (Cardioquin®, Quinaglute®, Quinidex®), or medicine for seizures (such as Depakote®, Dilantin®, Keppra?, Luminal®, Tegretol®). Tell your doctor if you are using any type of antibiotic (especially amikacin, gentamicin, Garamycin®, streptomycin, Neosporin®, polymyxin B, vancomycin, or tetracycline).
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Tell your doctor if you have liver disease, heart disease, blood circulation problems, myasthenia gravis, or Eaton-Lambert syndrome.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you or a family member have had problems with surgery such as malignant hyperthermia (dangerous increase in body temperature).
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Extreme or ongoing muscle weakness.
- Fast or uneven heartbeats.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Mild skin rash.
- Muscle weakness or stiffness in the days after you receive this medicine.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Pain or swelling where the needle is placed.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088Last Updated:
Copyright © 1984-
Thomson Micromedex. All rights reserved.