Folic acid/cyanocobalamin (Vitamin b12)/pyridoxine (Vitamin b6) (By mouth)
Cyanocobalamin (sye-an-oh-koe-BAL-a-min), Folic Acid (FOE-lik AS-id), Pyridoxine (pir-i-DOX-een)
Raises levels of folic acid, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12 in your blood, which could help lower the amount of homocysteine (an amino acid) in your blood. Too much homocysteine may lead to heart and blood vessel problems. This medicine is a combination of vitamins.
Carlson Homocysteine Guard, FaBB, Folbee, Folbic, Folgard RX, Folplex 2.2, Foltabs 800, Foltx, Lev-Tov, Nature's Blend B Complex + Folic Acid, TL Gard Rx, Tri-B, Virt-Vite, Virt-Vite Forte, Vita-RespaThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to folic acid, cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12), or pyridoxine (vitamin B6).
How to Use This Medicine:
- Take your medicine as directed.
If a dose is missed:
- Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using levodopa (Larodopa®) or phenytoin (Dilantin®).
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have a history of pernicious anemia (not enough vitamin B12).
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Unusual bleeding, bruising, or weakness
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Feeling bloated or swollen
- Feeling unusually sleepy or tired
- Mild diarrhea
- Skin tingling, burning, or itching
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 11/4/2014
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
Copyright © 1984- Truven Health Analytics. All rights reserved.