Methocarbamol (By mouth)
Treats muscle pain and spasms.
Robaxin, Robaxin-750There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to methocarbamol or to related medicine such as Norgesic® or Equanil®.
How to Use This Medicine:
- Your doctor will tell you how much to take and how often.
- You should not use a larger dose or take more often than your doctor ordered.
If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose as soon as you remember if it is in within one hour of your dose time. If it is more than one hour later, skip the missed dose and return to your regular schedule.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine:
- Store methocarbamol at room temperature away from excess heat, moisture, and light.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking this medicine.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are taking any medicine that can make you sleepy such as sleeping pills, sedatives, antidepressants, cold and allergy medicines, or pain.
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
- Methocarbamol makes some people dizzy or drowsy. Be careful if driving a car or using machinery.
- This medicine can make your urine turn brown, black, or green. This is not a cause for concern.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Trouble breathing
- Skin rash, hives, or itching
- Slurred speech or severe drowsiness
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Drowsiness or dizziness
- Loss of appetite or metallic taste
- Nasal congestion
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 11/4/2014
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
Copyright © 1984- Truven Health Analytics. All rights reserved.