Isradipine (By mouth)
Treats high blood pressure. This medicine is a calcium channel blocker.
Dynacirc, Dynacirc CRThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used:This medicine is not right for everyone. Do not use it if you had an allergic reaction to isradipine.
How to Use This Medicine:
Capsule, Long Acting Tablet
- Take your medicine as directed.
- Swallow the capsule or tablet whole. Do not break, crush or chew it.
- Missed dose: Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Some medicines can affect how isradipine works. Tell your doctor if you are using the following:
- A beta-blocker
Warnings While Using This Medicine:
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have heart failure, stomach problems, or liver disease.
- This medicine could lower your blood pressure too much, especially when your first use it or if you are dehydrated. Stand or sit up slowly if you feel dizzy or lightheaded.
- Do not stop using this medicine suddenly without asking your doctor, even if you feel well. This medicine will not cure high blood pressure, but it will help keep it in normal range. You may have to take blood pressure medicine for the rest of your life.
- If you take the extended-release tablet, part of the tablet may pass into your stools. This is normal and is nothing to worry about.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine:
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Chest pain that may spread, trouble breathing, nausea, unusual sweating, fainting
- Fast, irregular, or pounding heartbeat
- Lightheadedness or fainting
- Rapid weight gain, swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Headache, tiredness
- Warmth or redness in your face, neck, arms, or upper chest
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Last Updated: 11/4/2014
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Call 911 for all medical emergencies. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
Copyright © 1984- Truven Health Analytics. All rights reserved.