What is it?
Broom is an herbal medicine used for heart weakness, fast heart rate, and large amounts of menstrual (period) blood flow.
Other names for Broom include: Hogweed, Scoparius, Cytisus Scoparius Link, and Spartium scoparium.
Ask your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist if you need more information about this medicine or if any information in this leaflet concerns you.
Tell your doctor if you
Talk with your caregiver about how much Broom you should take. The amount depends on the strength of the medicine and the reason you are taking Broom. If you are using this medicine without instructions from your caregiver, follow the directions on the medicine bottle. Do not take more medicine or take it more often than the directions tell you to.
To store this medicine:
Keep all medicine locked up and away from children. Store medicine away from heat and direct light. Do not store your medicine in the bathroom, near the kitchen sink, or in other damp places. Heat or moisture may cause the medicine to break down and not work the way it should work. Throw away medicine that is out of date or that you do not need. Never share your medicine with others.
Stop taking your medicine right away and talk to your doctor if you have any of the following side effects. Your medicine may be causing these symptoms which may mean you are allergic to it.
Other Side Effects:
You may have the following side effects, but this medicine may also cause other side effects. Tell your doctor if you have side effects that you think are caused by this medicine.
1. Anon: British Herbal Pharmacopoeia. British Herbal Medicine Association, Keighley, UK; 1983.
2. McGuffin M, Hobbs C, Upton R et al (eds): American Herbal Products Association's Botanical Safety Handbook: guidelines for the safe use and labeling for herbs in commerce. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL; 1997.
3. Mills S. The dictionary of modern herbalism. Thorsons, Wellingborough, UK; 1985.
4. Newall C, Anderson L, Phillipson J. Herbal Medicines: A Guide for Health-Care Professionals. The Pharmaceutical Press, London, UK; 1966.
5. Mabey, R (editor). The complete new herbal. Elm Tree Books, London, UK; 1988.
Last Updated: 6/13/2013
Copyright © 1984- Thomson Micromedex. All rights reserved.